Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 1 (again)

And so begins another adventure into the world of blogging.  For those of you who don't know (and may actually care), I previously had a blog on MySpace (which has apparently gone the way of the dodo, laserdisc and walkman).  I used that blog to write mostly about movies, but there were also a few book reviews and concert reviews.  Along with other miscellany.  Hopefully, this will be yet another avenue for people to read my stuff.  I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel.  I plan (heh, best laid plans and such) to continue to write longer reviews when possible, repost some of my older MySpace reviews, and also add in some Big Bad Dead Bird cartoons that my dad used to send me in college.  The cartoon appearances will hinge on my ability to get my scanner working, and then getting said picture posted.  I do not expect this to be either a quick or easy option.  For those of you who've missed me, why thank you.I appreciate that.  For those of you just getting introduced to me, I hope you'll make repeat appearances.
As for my first little "review" - I'm eight episodes into Dexter Season 5.  I know lots of people hate the Julia Stiles season, but I still thoroughly enjoy the characters.  Deb (Dex's sister) is still one of the most wonderful and wonderfully profane characters to ever exist on television.  Every personal judgment she makes turns out wrong, but professionally, she just keeps getting better and better.  Sure there's not a lot of subtext to the season, but who doesn't want to see Dexter take out a self-help guru?
I'm also on book 3 of Piers Anthony's Bio of a Space Tyrant: Politician.  It's part of a 6 book series, and this is about the fourth time I've gone through the series.  These books are the only ones of Anthony's that I've read, and after spending the last couple of days reading about his other novels, I think I'll continue to stick with these.
So that's it.  I'll try to write something longer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment