Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 39 - Podcasts

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm involved in The Aftershow Podcast.  It's a Podcast that my friend Adam started where we would record the conversation we have after seeing a film.  And it could be either in a theater or after watching a DVD.  A no holds barred discussion about the movie we had just seen.  It's pretty spoiler-ific, because sometimes you see a film and the ending is so good or so frustrating that you have to break it down right then and there.  But there's a core group of four of us (Adam, James, Mike and myself) that interact, and try to be the smartest people in the room.  Obviously, we love when more people show up (the more the merrier), but some people have lives.  I don't, so this works well for me.  I really have a grand time doing this, and I have no idea who listens to us, but I like giving it as much publicity as I can, because having people hear you talk is almost as good as seeing your name in print.  So this is my first plug of the night.

http://theaftershow.libsyn.com/

My second plug of the night is for my cousin Jim's podcast that he does for VH1.  His most recent one was for the most current Twilight film as he interviewed Christina Perri (who is a Twilight fan) about her love of the films (and books), and her song off the new soundtrack.  However, that's only the first part of the Podcast.  In the second half Jim interviews me about my views on the films.  Needless to say I am not the biggest fan.  But I had a really fun time doing the interview (even if I sound terrible - I was in the midst of being sick for 2 straight months).  So here's the link to that.  My stuff starts arounf the 16 minute mark.

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2012-01-06/vh1-tuner-podcast-christina-perri/

Soon, I will vent about the Tintin film.  Just not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment