Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 1128 (going backwards because apparently I lost some days in here.)

My unofficial/official stance when writing on here is that I have to have an opinion on something.  Whether it's movies, tv shows, books, music or whatever, I try to write something that has an opinion.  That's going to change this year.

This year I plan (plan) on writing a bunch, like I did during the glorious days of MySpace.  And in order to do that I've got to expand my repertoire a bit.  I'm going to write about life, loneliness, happiness, Star Wars toys, comic books, run ins with the law, and whatever else may float my boat.  Obviously, reviews are still going to be the main crux of what I write about, but I can't be saddled with my own self-imposed restrictions any longer.

However, with all that being said, I need to clarify this, as well.  I write for me, but I'm willing to let anyone see what I write.  I want as many people to read my stuff as I can drag in.  But I also hold two jobs and I'm very savvy in what I let everyone see.  You're only seeing what I want you to see in any given situation.  It's not that you can consider me an unreliable narrator, because I have every intention of telling you the truth at all times, but it's both going to be refracted through my own thoughts, and I'm not going to tell you everything.

But I will tell you this - I almost want my next car to be a Honda simply because of Skeletor.  Both of his commercials make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment